Thursday, December 4, 2008

Have a break, have a Kitkat

Despite the unending hurl of assignments and requirements, I am amazed at how I am still able to go out and spend time with my friends. Because of strangely having extra time in my hands, I’ve been using more public transportation recently and in the MRT station, this Kitkat promo caught my eye. They were selling MRT passes for fifty pesos inclusive of a thirty five peso load and most importantly, it also comes with a free Kitkat bar! If you were stuck in line sweating and getting irritated of course you wouldn’t think twice on shedding off fifty bucks for not having the need to line up and of course the free Kitkat bar! Haha! I just found the whole promotional idea very effective because the message was so perfect: “Why wait in line when you can have a BREAK?” You don’t only get to avoid the long lines just to get a ticket, you also get to have snack. I think that it is a perfect example of being able to truly identify the needs of the target audience. As in the people using public transportation, they are often met with the hassles of lining up and wasting time to just to buy their ticket. The promoters were able to effectively integrate Kitkat’s tagline of “Having a Break” with the MRT pass as one takes a “break” from the usual hassles of using public transportation. It just goes to show the importance of framing messages and also combining them in order to come out with effective promotions.

No comments: